About the EMBO-FEBS Lecture Course
Image credits: Lena Pernas and Hubert Hilbi
Microbial infections lead to drastic changes in the architecture and metabolism of the host cell. The inaugural FEBS EMBO Cell Biology of Host-Pathogen Interaction Advanced Course explores the mechanisms underlying these changes and the functions they serve during infection from both the host and pathogen perspective.
Themes highlighted include:
1) Organelle-microbe conflicts
2) Host-pathogen communication
3) Technologies to illuminate host-pathogen interactions
4) Compartmentalization during infection
5) Metabolic control of and manipulation by pathogens
About EMBO Courses and Workshops
EMBO Courses and Workshops are selected for their excellent scientific quality and timelines, provision of good networking activities for all participants and speaker gender diversity (at least 40% of speakers must be from the underrepresented gender).
Organisers are encouraged to implement measures to make the meeting environmentally more sustainable.