- Access to all scientific sessions
- Workshop materials, including a badge, an abstract book, and a welcome bag
- Buffet style breakfast (June 19–22)
- Lunch (June 19– 22)
- Dinner (June 19–20) and gala dinner (June 21)
- All-day refreshment with snacks and coffee
• Registrations and payments by credit card or bank transfer must be made through www.etw2023.org.
• Registrations will not be confirmed without full payment.
• If you intend to apply for a travel grant, please first register and pay as instructed. If you are awarded the travel grant, the fee will be reimbursed.
• Please note that the payment receipt will be issued according to the information provided by you on your registration form. A fee of 25 CHF will be charged for the re-issue of invoices.
The workshop will be open to all academic, clinical, and industrial applicants interested in the topics of male reproduction. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, provided that all requested information for registration is provided and payments are made in full, until the total capacity of the workshop is reached.
Please note that this workshop has a unique format for abstracts and poster presentation. Participants must submit a miniposter according to the guidelines by the abstract submission deadline. Instead of a conventional poster session, short talks (10 minutes with 5-minute Q&A) and flash talks (3 minutes with 2-minute Q&A) will be selected from submitted miniposters based on the scientific quality, novelty and topic. All submitted miniposters will be available to participants in a booklet. For detailed information and to submit abstracts, go to www.etw2023.org.
For detailed guidelines and miniposter templates for Powerpoint, Keynote, and Adobe Illustrator, go to www.etw2023.org.
- Page layout: A4 (210 × 297mm) with minimum margins of 1cm
- Final file type: PDF file with a maximum size of 1Mb
- Content: Miniposters should include the following mandatory information.
(5) Optional: (i) References and sources of project funding are not mandatory but can be included; (ii) Contact email of the presenting author.
- Authors’ names: Authors names should be formatted as: Last name, First name (e.g: Chaplin, Charlie; Bellucci, Monica; Benigni, Roberto; Cruz, Penélope). Lower cases should be used except for the first letters. The presenting author’s name should be underlined. When the same author is present in different posters, the formatting must remain consistent.
- Affiliation: Affiliation (Institute/Center/University) should follow the authors’ name. Appropriate logos may be used.
Additional tip: We strongly advise the use of light colors for the miniposter background.
Any other registration information
Please include the following documents in one PDF file:
- Motivation letter: 1 page maximum, font size 11, double spacing
- Estimated expenses and justification: Please provide a realistic estimate and explain the purpose of the expenses
- Short CV: 1 page maximum, font size 11, 1.5-spacing. Please include the following:
- Personal information: Name, contact email, other relevant information
- Current position, affiliation and address: in the case you are a receiving a fellowship (not the ETW travel grant), you have to mention it in this topic, including the funding agency
- Professional career: Previous positions, scientific degrees, and education
- Selected relevant publications in the last 5 years
- Grants and fellowships in the last 5 years
- Awards and Honors in the last 5 years.
- Selected attended international conferences in the last 5 years: List presentations, if any.
- A reference letter from your supervisor or a departmental responsible person certifying, on his/her honor, that you do not have sufficient financial aid to attend the conference.
- Your miniposter: PDF format in accordance with the guideline.
Note: We can only accept applications with all the mandatory documents received by the deadline. Incomplete application will be rejected without further evaluation.
Travel grants and registration fee waivers
Travel grants are available to selected participants. For further details, go to www.etw2023.org. To apply for travel grants, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Travel/childcare/registration fee waivers Grant application_last name_first name” (e.g., Travel Grant application_Marie_Skłodowska) before March 31st, 2023 5pm CET.
Special travel grants and registration fee waivers
A limited number of travel grants and registration fee waivers are available for scientists working in Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Slovenia and Turkey. Grants are allocated on the basis of the quality of the submitted abstract.
A maximum of 700 Euros per participant are available to cover registration fees, travel, and accommodation (no additional subsistence costs can be covered). To apply, please indicate the itemized amount requested in the travel grants section of the registration form.
Child care grants
EMBO Courses and Workshops offers grants to offset additional childcare costs incurred by participants or speakers when participating at any EMBO Courses and Workshop funded meeting. Eligible costs include fees for a caregiver or child-care facility, travel costs for a caregiver, or travel costs for taking the child to the meeting etc. Please indicate on the registration form whether you would like to be considered for the grant. Please also describe how you intend to use the childcare grant and specify the sum that you will need.
Code of conduct
Anti-harassment and non-discrimination policy
This EMBO meeting shall maintain an environment free of harassment and discriminatory behaviour for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, ethnicity, beliefs (religious or otherwise) or manner of articulation.
Harassment and discrimination of attendees in any form, either in person or online is not tolerated.
Attendees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and all communication and behavior should conform to a respectful environment for all.