Registration fee includes:
- Workshop attendance
- Workshop material
- Coffee breaks, lunches and dinners as indicated in the scientific program
- Welcome Dinner on September 10, 2023
- Social Dinner on September 14, 2023
- 22% VAT
Registration fee does not include:
- All the lunches and/or dinners during the free afternoons and/or days
- All other expenses (i.e.: travel costs, etc.)
- Bank costs
The registration fee should be paid promptly after acceptance to the workshop (notification by May 29, 2023) and not later than June 15, 2023.
A late registration fee of EUR 50,00 (22% VAT included) must be added after this date.
Payments can be done ONLY by bank transfer, in Euros, payable to:
Intesa San Paolo Bank
IBAN Code: IT91 R030 6909 6061 0000 0016 223
SWIFT Code: BCITITMM
- Please ensure that “EMBO Workshop on Endocytosis 2023” and the name(s) of the participant(s) is/are clearly stated on the bank transfer
- All bank expenses are the responsibility of the participants and should be paid at source, in addition to the registration fee.
- Fondazione SEMM will issue an invoice upon the receipt of the bank transfer only.
Please fill the relevant form according to your need: COMPANY
The compilation of such form has to be considered mandatory for a proper invoicing.
- An attendee who has Covid-19 tested positive in the last 14 days before the beginnig of the workshop, will have reimbursed the registration fee. The attendee has to send the positive nasal swab to email@example.com
- Cancellations received by July 31, 2022: full refund less € 60,00 for handling fee
- Cancellations received from July 31, 2022 or no-show: no refund
We have planned the workshop for 120 participants, including 31 speakers.
The primary criteria for selecting participants will be their willingness to present their research. Thus, abstract submission is mandatory through the workshop website.
It will be given priority to abstract presented by young P.I.s, PhD students and postdocs.
Selection on scientific relevance and excellence will be applied.
To allow the maximum number of groups to be represented, we will consider limiting participants to 3 members of the same group (PI not included).
- Abstracts should not exceed 250 words (excluding title, authors‘ names and affiliations)
- Applicants are allowed to submit one abstract per registered participant. Different delegates with the same abstract will not be accepted
- All the abstract will be collected in an abstract book that will be available in a digital form on the workshop website
- Please be sure that the abstract is in a suitable form for publication; in case of selection it will appear as submitted. The accuracy of the submitted abstracts is authors‘ own responsibility
With the abstract submission the first author (presenting author) gives permission for the abstract, if selected or not for oral presentation or poster, to be published in the digital abstract book that will be available on the workshop website
Poster sessions will be held at the workshop venue according to the scientific program.
- Each poster will be identified by a letter (for the session) and a number (for position)
- Poster board assignment will be distributed at the registration desk during the registration at the workshop on September 10, 2023
Poster size: cm 100 (H) x cm 70 (W)
Travel grants and registration fee waivers
Travel grants and registration fee waivers are available for participants.
Selection of awardees is handled directly by the organizers. EMBO travel grants and registration fee waivers are allocated on the basis of the quality of the submitted abstract.
Applicants do not need to apply separately for these but should indicate on the registration form if they wish to be considered.
Additional travel grants are available for EMBC Associate Member States Chile, India, Singapore and Taiwan.
Special travel grants and registration fee waivers
A limited number of travel grants and registration fee waivers are availablefor scientists working in Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Slovenia and Turkey. Grants are allocated on the basis of the quality of the submitted abstract.
A maximum of 700 Euros per participant are available to cover registration fees, travel, and accommodation (no additional subsistence costs can be covered). To apply, please indicate the itemized amount requested in the travel grants section of the registration form.
Child care grants
EMBO Courses and Workshops offers grants to offset additional childcare costs incurred by participants or speakers when participating at any EMBO Courses and Workshop funded meeting. Eligible costs include fees for a caregiver or child-care facility, travel costs for a caregiver, or travel costs for taking the child to the meeting etc. Please indicate on the registration form whether you would like to be considered for the grant. Please also describe how you intend to use the childcare grant and specify the sum that you will need.
Code of conduct
Anti-harassment and non-discrimination policy
This EMBO meeting shall maintain an environment free of harassment and discriminatory behaviour for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, ethnicity, beliefs (religious or otherwise) or manner of articulation.
Harassment and discrimination of attendees in any form, either in person or online is not tolerated.
Attendees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and all communication and behavior should conform to a respectful environment for all.