- Participation in all course online sessions
- Course materials
- Social online activities
This course will be online using Zoom and additional platforms for an interactive and hands-on experience.
Selected participants will receive an email with a link to make the online payment.
For selection purposes, please attach a motivation letter. The motivation letter should include:
- Your relevant skills, experience and qualifications demonstrating why you would be suitable for the course.
- Explanation why you would like to attend the course, including what you can contribute and how you think you will benefit from the course.
If more than 16 applicants register for this course, the following criteria will be applied to select the course participants:
- Each applicant will be requested to submit a short abstract summarizing his/her project and how the course might be relevant for them in the future.
- Abstracts will be used to assess which applicants could benefit the most.
- Each applicant will be expected to have a basic prior knowledge in flow cytometry.
- Fair distribution of applicants from different countries and scientific institutes.
- Fair gender distribution.
- Fair background distribution: students, postdocs, scientists and industry participants.
Abstracts must be submitted online no later than 15 April 2021. Abstracts must be written in English. Submission of an abstract does not ensure acceptance to the course. Abstracts should include a title, authors, authors’ institutional addresses and body.
Bibliographic references should only be used if quoted in the abstract body. The body of the abstract should not exceed 4,000 characters (including spaces) or 500 words in English.
If an abstract is not submitted, the application will not be considered.
The course includes several interactive online poster sessions in which participants will explain their research projects.
Additionally, all participants will present their research work in flash talk before the poster session.
Registration Fee Waivers
A limited number of registration fee waivers are available for participants. Applicants do not need to apply separately for fee waivers for this event but should indicate on the registration form if they wish to be considered for a fee waiver. Selection of awardees is handled directly by the organizer who will notify all eligible participants.
The EMBO registration fee waivers are allocated by the organisers on the basis of the quality of the abstract submitted, with priority given to participants of any nationality working in laboratories in: Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Turkey, as well as from EMBC Associate Member States Chile, India, Singapore and Taiwan.
All applicants have to justify the reasons for applying for a fee waiver. Organisers may consider to award fee waivers to applicants from lower income economies.
Child care grant
EMBO Courses and Workshops offers grants to offset additional child care costs incurred by participants or speakers when participating at any EMBO Courses and Workshop funded meeting. Eligible costs include fees for a caregiver or child-care facility, travel costs for a caregiver, or travel costs for taking the child to the meeting etc. Please indicate on the registration form whether you would like to be considered for the grant. Please also describe how you intend to use the child care grant and specify the sum that you will need.