* Academic Early Bird rates are applicable until 15 August 2021 only.
- Access to all speaker talks, poster sessions (e-poster and in-person) and Q&As
- All conference materials
- Virtual abstract book (in PDF)
- Welcome cocktail (if health restrictions at the time allow it)
- Coffee and lunch breaks
Travel and accommodation are at the participants’ expense, please read the accommodation and transport section of this site or contact us if you require assistance.
- Access to all speaker talks (streamed), e-poster sessions and Q&As Virtual abstract book (in PDF)
21% VAT, applicable to conferences in Spain, is included in the price.
Payment will be performed through an online payment service with credit card. Offline payment is also available, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for you invoice.
In the case of attendees applying for travel grants and/or fee waivers, payment will be postponed until award resolution (15th October 2021).
Terms and conditions of cancellation
Notification of cancellation should be made in writing and sent to the conference organizer: email@example.com
Cancellation on or before 29th October 2021: an administration fee applies (1.5% (EU) or 3% (non-EU) depending on your credit card origin). Cancellation between 30th October and 28th November 2021: the full registration fee applies. In both cases the “Coronavirus Update” applies, read below for details on reimbursement.
In the organization of this EMBO Workshop we are following all protocols set by national and local health authorities as well as the Meliá Hotel policy.
The safety of our attendees is our priority, so we are daily evaluating the situation to provide updates and solutions. In addition, the venue has established health and safety measures in both meeting and hotel rooms.
We understand you may be concerned about future COVID-19 related travel bans and restrictions. If you cannot attend the Workshop due to justified force majeure please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will proceed your full refund.
Participants and abstracts to be presented as posters will be accepted on a first-come first-serve basis until the room is filled.
Short talks will be selected based on scientific merit as the most important criterium. From top-rated abstracts, speakers will be selected based on the specific topic, geographical criteria, career stage diversity and gender balance. Short talks will be selected among in-person and virtual participants. In the case of virtual presenters, further instructions will be provided after selection.
Flash talks will be selected based on scientific merit as the most important criterium. Early-stage researchers and postdocs will be prioritized. This option will only be available for in-person participants.
The selection committee will be formed by the organizers.
Abstracts should be submitted in English language through the registration platform. They should include title, authors, affiliations and summary. Summary length limited to 250 words.
- Please list all authors.
- Please do not provide references.
Selection of participants will be based on abstracts. Please remind that Abstract submission deadline is the 24th September 2021.
In-person participants: Dimensions of the poster boards are 0.95 m (width) by 1.35 m (height). Poster board stickers will be provided. In addition to the printed format, you should submit your poster in PDF and a 3-minute video poster presentation for the e-poster sessions.
Virtual posters: you should only submit your poster in PDF and a 3-minute video poster presentation for the e-poster sessions.
Please find below some guidance for your video poster presentation:
Tool for recording: you can use any recording tool you might feel comfortable with (smartphone, PPT, Teams, Zoom, etc.)
Style: horizontal, landscape format
File format: MP4 or MOV
- Title + Author(s) and affiliation(s)
- Introduction (What problem is your research trying to solve; Project aims; etc...)
- Discussion/Conclusions and future questions
Tips on how to make a video:
- Whatever IT tool you use to record your video poster, we encourage you to show your face so that the video is more engaging to the audience
- Reflect on what you would like to say and write it down, if needed
- Don’t read, address your speech to the camera
- Avoid speaking in a monotone or too quickly
- Deliver your presentation as if you are delivering it to a live audience
- Try to speak as naturally as possible; imagine you talk to a family member or a friend
- Your camera should be at eyelevel or slightly higher. If you use a smartphone, make sure it is stable
- Choose a place where you feel comfortable, but avoid filming yourself in front of a window or in a too sunny spot
- Shoot in a well-lit area
- Feel free to use objects/props to illustrate your work
- Try to avoid busy-looking backgrounds
- Be creative!
Important: We expect to receive a video that is ready to use. Submission deadline for e-posters (PDF) and poster video presentations: 8th November 2021
A limited number of travel grants and registration fee waivers are available for participants whose abstracts are selected (Important! Abstract submission is compulsory to be considered for a grant). Applicants do not need to apply separately for these for this event but should indicate on the registration form if they wish to be considered for a travel grant or registration fee waiver (filling in the explanation box too). Selection of awardees is handled directly by the organizers who will notify all eligible participants. More information is available at EMBO Travel Grants' page.
Child care grants
EMBO Courses and Workshops offers grants to offset additional child care costs incurred by participants or speakers when participating at any EMBO Courses and Workshop funded meeting. Eligible costs include fees for a caregiver or child-care facility, travel costs for a caregiver, or travel costs for taking the child to the meeting etc. Please indicate on the registration form whether you would like to be considered for the grant. Please also describe how you intend to use the child care grant and specify the sum that you will need.