Registration includes access to:
- all lectures and practical sessions
- online group discussions
- poster sessions
- all course materials
Selection criteria - Registration is closed
- Lack of previous knowledge on the population genomics tools presented in the course.
- Solid background in evolutionary genetics, since the course is advanced.
- Good knowledge of Linux operating system and basic shell commands. This will be a mandatory prerequisite.
- Stage of the research project: priority will be given to participants with data already available and ready to be analyzed. (Participants data will not be analyzed during the course)
- Impact of the course for the participant and his/her research group.
- Submission of an Abstract
Fulfillment of these conditions by participants will be assessed through the registration form.
Ph.D. students and Post-Docs will be favored, and applications from other researchers will be considered in their context. Applications from the same group will be discouraged.
Applications without abstract and incomplete applications will not be considered.
To submit your abstract, please access your course account after registration. The abstract (max 200 words) should describe your research projects, to be presented with a poster during the course.
Vertical, maximum dimensions 70 cm width x 100 cm height
It is essential that students remain for the whole length of the course: partial attendance will not be considered.
EMBO Fee Waivers
An additional fee waiver provided by EMBO can be granted to participants working in laboratories in Chile, India, Singapore, Taiwan, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, or low income economies countries.
Grant funded by SIBE
One grant covering the registration fee up to 500 EUR will be awarded by the Italian Society of Evolutionary Biology (SIBE) to an applicant who is already a SIBE member.
Grant funded by SIGA
One grant of 500 EUR covering the registration fee of two students/post-docs who are SIGA member or work in a lab in which the PI is a SIGA member has been awarded by the Italian Society of Agrarian Genetics (SIGA).
Child care grant
EMBO Courses and Workshops offers grants to offset additional child care costs incurred by participants or speakers when participating at any EMBO Courses and Workshop funded meeting. Eligible costs include fees for a caregiver or child-care facility, etc. to enable parents to attend the virtual meeting uninterrupted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be considered for the grant. Please also describe how you intend to use the child care grant and specify the sum that you will need.
IT support: Giacinto Donvito (INFN - Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare, Bari)