- Accommodation in shared double room for 7 nights (in: 1/4/20; out: 8/4/20)
- Catering (lunches, coffee breaks, wine and cheese reception, dinners)
- Course material
Successful applicants will be sent payment details by email.
- Lack of previous knowledge on the population genomics tools presented in the course.
- Solid background in evolutionary genetics, since the course is advanced.
- Good knowledge of Linux operating system and basic shell commands. This will be a mandatory prerequisite.
- Stage of the research project: priority will be given to participants with data already available and ready to be analyzed. (Participants data will not be analyzed during the course)
- Impact of the course for the participant and his/her research group.
- Submission of an Abstract
Fulfillment of these conditions by participants will be assessed through the registration form.
Ph.D. students and Post-Docs will be favored, and applications from other researchers will be considered in their context. Applications from the same group will be discouraged.
Applications without abstract and incomplete applications will not be considered.
To submit your abstract, please access your course account after registration. The abstract (max 200 words) should describe your research projects, to be presented with a poster during the course.
Vertical, maximum dimensions 70 cm width x 100 cm height
It is essential that students remain for the whole length of the course: partial attendance will not be considered.
Students will share rooms.
Participants are expected to bring their own laptop; if this is not possible, it should be declared during registration.
EMBO Travel grants
A limited number of travel grants are available for participants. Applicants do not need to apply separately for travel grants for this event but should indicate on the registration form if they wish to be considered for a travel grant. Selection of awardees is handled directly by the organizer who will notify all eligible participants. More information is available at EMBO Travel Grants page.
An additional travel grant is allocated exclusively for participants of any nationality working in laboratories in Chile, India, Singapore and Taiwan.
Grant funded by SIBE
One grant covering the registration fee up to 500 EUR will be awarded by the Italian Society of Evolutionary Biology (SIBE) to an applicant who is already a SIBE member.
Grant funded by SIGA
One grant covering the registration fee up to500 EUR for a student/post-doc will be awarded by the Italian Society of Agrarian Genetics (SIGA) to an applicant who is a SIGA member or who works in a lab in which the PI is a SIGA member.
Child care grant
EMBO Courses and Workshops offers grants to offset additional child care costs incurred by participants or speakers when participating at any EMBO Courses and Workshop funded meeting. Eligible costs include fees for a caregiver or child-care facility, travel costs for a caregiver, or travel costs for taking the child to the meeting etc. Please indicate on the registration form whether you would like to be considered for the grant. Please also describe how you intend to use the child care grant and specify the sum that you will need. For info on available child-care facilities in Procida contact email@example.com.
IT support: Giacinto Donvito (INFN - Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare, Bari)