- Participation to all scientific events at the Flamingo Resort Hotel
- Shuttle service from the Cagliari International Airport (CAG) to the Flamingo Resort on September 20, 2020
- Shuttle service to the Cagliari International Airport (CAG) from the Flamingo Resort on September 25, 2020
- Conference materials
- Coffee breaks
- Gala dinner
- Discounted rates for all-inclusive accommodation at the Flamingo Resort Hotel (please see details below, and in the booking form)
Accommodation is not included and must be booked separately. Participants are strongly encouraged to book their accommodation at the Flamingo Resort Hotel, where discounted rates have been secured for meeting participants.
Rates for 5 nights incl. breakfast, lunch, dinner, WiFi, and access to beach and pool are:
Students and postdocs:
455 EUR (in double occupancy room)
All other participants:
560 EUR (in double occupancy room)
735 EUR (in single occupancy room)
Upgrades to deluxe rooms are also available at discounted rates. A PDF file of the booking form containing details and instructions can be downloaded here.
The registration fee should be paid promptly after acceptance to the meeting and no later than June 22, 2020.
Payments can be done only by bank transfer, in EUR, payable to:
Bank: Credito Emiliano (CREDEM)
Account holder: Comitato per l'organizzazione del Workshop EMBO Inter-organelle Contacts Biology
Branch address: Filiale di via Annibale da Bassano 35, 35135 Padua, Italy
- Please ensure that “EMBO IOCB 2020” and the name of the participant are stated on the bank transfer.
- Bank charges are the responsibility of the participant and should be paid at source, in addition to the registration fees.
- Please email a copy of the bank transfer to the meeting administrator, Ms. Elena Pasquato.
- Payments by bank transfer must be received no later than July 1st, 2020. After this date, a late registration fee of 200 EUR must be added.
Registration fee cancellation and refund policy
Cancellations must be notified in writing to the meeting administrator, Ms. Elena Pasquato.
For cancellations made before June 15, 2020 the reimbursement will be done in full, minus 20 EUR for management fees; after this date, no reimbursement will be made.
Academic participants will be selected by the scientific organizing committee, on the basis of novelty, anticipated impact and scientific quality of the submitted abstracts. Priority will be given to participants actively contributing to the meeting in form of a poster presentation. Participants that do not intend to present a poster should describe their current research interest and the reasons why they would like to attend this workshop.
Maximum abstract length is 250 words, not including title, authors and affiliations, and should be submitted through the web interface. Define all non-standard abbreviations at first use.
Posters must be printed in A0 format (size: 84.1 x 118.9 cm; 33.11 x 46.81 inches).
A limited number of travel grants are available for participants. Applicants do not need to apply separately for travel grants for this event but should indicate on the registration form if they wish to be considered for a travel grant. Selection of awardees is handled directly by the organizer who will notify all eligible participants. More information is available at EMBO Travel Grants' page.
Child care grant
EMBO Courses and Workshops offers grants to offset additional child care costs incurred by participants or speakers when participating at any EMBO Courses and Workshop funded meeting. Eligible costs include fees for a caregiver or child-care facility, travel costs for a caregiver, or travel costs for taking the child to the meeting etc. Please indicate on the registration form whether you would like to be considered for the grant. Please also describe how you intend to use the child care grant and specify the sum that you will need.