- Accommodation in shared double room for 7 nights (Check-in: 30.03.19; Check-out: 06.04.19)
- Catering (lunches, coffee breaks, wine and cheese reception, dinners)
- Course material
Successful participants will be sent payment details by email.
Selection of participants will be based on:
- Lack of previous knowledge on the population genomics tools presented in the course.
- Solid background in evolutionary genetics, since the course is advanced.
- Good knowledge of Linux operating system and basic shell commands. This will be a mandatory prerequisite.
- Availability of a collected dataset to analyze in their work.
- Impact of the course for the participant and his/her research group.
- Submission of an Abstract
Fulfillment of these conditions by participants will be assessed through the registration form.
Ph.D. students and Post-Docs will be favored, and applications from other researchers will be considered in their context. Applications from the same group will be discouraged. Applications without abstract will not be considered.
Abstract guidelines: max 200 words.
To submit the abstract access your course account after registration.
Abstracts should describe participants’ research projects to be presented with a poster during the course.
Poster specifications: vertical, maximum dimensions 70 cm width x 100 cm height
A limited number of travel grants are available for participants. Applicants do not need to apply separately for travel grants for this event but should indicate on the registration form if they wish to be considered for a travel grant. Selection of awardees is handled directly by the organizer who will notify all eligible participants. More information is available at EMBO Travel Grants' page.
Child care grant
EMBO Courses and Workshops offers grants to offset additional child care costs incurred by participants or speakers when participating at any EMBO Courses and Workshop funded meeting. Eligible costs include fees for a caregiver or child-care facility, travel costs for a caregiver, or travel costs for taking the child to the meeting etc. Please indicate on the registration form whether you would like to be considered for the grant. Please also describe how you intend to use the child care grant and specify the sum that you will need.
It is essential that students remain for the whole length of the course, partial attendance will not be considered.
Students will share rooms.
Participants are expected to bring their own laptop; if not possible, this should be declared during registration.
Giacinto Donvito (INFN - Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare, Bari)
Claudia Rallo (CNR - Istituto di genetica delle popolazioni, Napoli)
Mario Aversano (CNR - Istituto di genetica delle popolazioni, Napoli)
Pasquale Elefante (CNR - Istituto di genetica delle popolazioni, Napoli)