Registration fee includes:
- Participation in all course sessions
- Course materials
- Accommodation (shared double room)
- Lunches, coffee breaks and social events
- Welcome dinner
Selected participants will receive an email with instructions by 10 December 2018.
The course is limited to 20 participants. Participants will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Relevance of their scientific goals to the course,
- Their educational and networking goals for the course, and
- Their prior experience and knowledge of cell biology and cell modeling.
The application will consist of the following information:
- A brief description of the applicant’s scientific background and research interests (max. 2000 characters including spaces) include your relevant skills, experience and qualifications, which show that you would be suitable for the practical course.
- A brief description of the applicant’s motivation for participating in the course including what they can contribute to the course and how they will benefit from the course.
- An abstract of a poster that the applicant will present at the course.
Selected participants will be contacted by e-mail by December 10th, 2018 (Only complete applications will be considered).
As part of the course application, applicants must submit an abstract for a poster that they will present at the course (maximum 1,500 characters, including spaces).
Each participant will be provided with a A0 poster board to display their poster.
The poster board surface area is approximately 90 cm wide and 120 cm high.
Posters should be printed on thin poster paper. Participants will be provided velcro tabs and pins to adhere their poster to the board.
A limited number of travel grants are available for participants. Applicants do not need to apply separately for travel grants for this event but should indicate on the registration form if they wish to be considered for a travel grant. Selection of awardees is handled directly by the organizer who will notify all eligible participants. More information is available at EMBO Travel Grants' page.
Child care grant
EMBO Courses and Workshops offers grants to offset additional child care costs incurred by participants or speakers when participating at any EMBO Courses and Workshop funded meeting. Eligible costs include fees for a caregiver or child-care facility, travel costs for a caregiver, or travel costs for taking the child to the meeting etc. Please indicate on the registration form whether you would like to be considered for the grant. Please also describe how you intend to use the child care grant and specify the sum that you will need.
Participants will be provided accommodation in double shared rooms with other participants in the course (the organizers will prepare the rooming list based on gender).