This 4-star hotel is beautiful, clean and serves excellent food in frame with the Italian hospitality and culinary tradition. It is situated in an enchanted setting on the hills, very close to Assisi, the mythical city of San Francesco’s city, where the Gala dinner will be organized.
The hotel specializes in hosting meetings and has outside space available that can be used for coffee break and lunches. It also as a beautiful cloister which is been embedded in the hotel modern design.
The hotel is well equipped with several meeting rooms sitting from 80 to 300 people, a large space for poster display and a top range audio-visual equipment. The WIFI is freely available.
There are 120 rooms available so largely covering the need of the meeting. Everyone can therefore be housed together and share all their meals.
Students will share a double-room, unless they prefer a single room but, as the number of single rooms is limited, it will be on the first come first served basis.
If they want to share the room with someone specific, they should have the space to indicate it clearly.
- Perugia: some flight connections to the Aeroporto Internazionale dell’Umbria S.Francesco d’Assisi (https://www.airport.umbria.it/en/home-en) are available from some Italian (Catania) and European (London, Bruxelles) airports, even though they are only operated on seasonal basis. A shuttle bus will be available asking to the local organizer (Maria Teresa Pallotta) to join the airport to the Hotel Il Cenacolo (meeting venue).
- Florence: Florence's Aeroporto A. Vespucci, known as Peretola (FLR) (http://www.aeroporto.firenze.it/en/), has many European connections, i.e. Barcelona, Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Rome, Milan.
A shuttle bus will be organized the 16th September 2019 (departure time around 12.30) to join the airport to the Hotel Il Cenacolo (meeting venue) and the 18th September 2019 from the Hotel Il Cenacolo to the airport (departure time around 13.30). Please, communicate to the local organizer (Maria Teresa Pallotta) if you are interested in taking the shuttle bus in order to book a seat on the shuttle.
If you can’t take our bus, there are buses (FLiXBUS) from Florence to Assisi: Monday to Saturday: from Florence to Assisi at 16.30 a.m (it is not available on Sunday); Monday to Saturday: from Assisi to Florence at 10.10 p.m (it is not available on Sunday).
Otherwise, you can take a train from Florence airport to Assisi. The airport is connected to the Santa Maria Novella railway station at Florence by bus, tramway or taxi.
Then take a train from Florence Santa Maria Novella Railway Station to Assisi. There are trains from 5.45 a.m. to 23.18 p.m. For the timetable and information, please visit the Trenitalia website.
- Rome: The major international gateway is Rome's Aeroporto Leonardo da Vinci, known as Fiumicino (FCO).
Take train Leonardo Express, a non-stop service exclusively for airport passengers to Rome Termini railway station leaving every 15 minutes with a journey time of 32 minutes. At Rome Termini railway station, take a train to Assisi. For the timetable and information, please visit the Trenitalia website.
Otherwise, you can take a bus (Sulga Autolinee). There are daily bus connection from Roma Fiumicino Airport (International Departure Terminal T3) to Perugia (P.le Partigiani bus station) or Assisi (Piazza San Pietro). You will find a timetable on Sulga site, please ask to the local organizer to be sure about it.
How to go to Hotel Cenacolo (meeting venue):
– Bus stop outside the hotel with connections to Assisi and main cities every 20 minutes
– 5 minutes walking from the Assisi railway station
– 5 minutes by car from the SS75 Perugia – Terni and the E45 Perugia – Rome