- Four nights accommodation (24-28 September 2019) in double rooms
- All meals, coffees, drinks on an all-inclusive basis
- Social program and events
- Course material
Refund of registration fees will be as follows:
100% refund (minus 50,00 € handling fee) if a notification e-mail reaches the Course Secretariat by July 10, 2019
50% refund (minus 50,00 € handling fee) if a notification e-mail reaches the Course Secretariat between July 10 and August 10, 2019.
No refund on cancellations past August 10, 2019.
Send all correspondence to:
Information will be available soon.
To maintain a high degree of interaction between all attendees the number of participants will be limited to 120 for students and postdoctoral fellows (which are the main target of the lecture series) and 24 speakers, (included 9 members of the organization committee)
In addition, positions will be available to senior scientists (having a total of 30-35 PIs) with experience in different areas of mitochondrial biology.
We expect about 80% of applicants to be from Europe, 10% from North America and 10% from other countries. Selection of the participants will be done by the organizing committee (MCC). We try to achieve that the participants at the meeting reflect the broad field of mitochondrial biology. Thus, we will consider as many different research groups as possible which may require to limit the number of participants of a single group. Moreover, we will attempt to balance different topics as well as model systems and give special considerations to newly emerging aspects of mitochondrial biology. A balance between male/female participants will be maintained in the selection of applicants.
For the senior scientists:
In the case their number outnumbers the expected figures, precedence will be given to scientists with experience in mitochondrial biology
Submitted abstracts should be no longer than 300 words, including Title and Headings.
Each author will have a board space of (HxW) 180 cm x 96 cm (5ft 10in x 3ft 2in), on which to mount the poster. The poster should be designed to summarize current research in graphic forms. Presentations should be self-explanatory so that the author is free to supplement and discuss particular points. For easy identification, provide a poster heading, listing its title and author(s), identical to that on the official program.
The poster board is double-sided with one presentation on each side. Your assigned number will be in the upper left corner of the poster board. The boards will be arranged in numerical order.
- Poster materials may be mounted on thin poster paper or cardboard and attached to the poster board with blue-tak or plain scotch-tape.
- DO NOT USE PUSH-PINS OR GLUE (materials for attaching illustrations will be available at the secretariat).
- DO NOT PAINT OR WRITE ON THE BOARD
- Do not mount your poster on heavy or thick backing, as it may be difficult to fasten to the board. If you require assistance with mounting or removing your poster, please notify the secretary of the workshop.
- Each author is responsible for assembly and removal of his/her own presentation.
- Please remove your poster promptly. Materials left on the poster boards after the removal deadline will be taken down. The organizers or the hotel staff has no responsibility for materials that may be lost or damaged.
The poster sessions have a designated time in which the poster presenters are requested to be available at their poster to discuss their research with the meeting attendees.
FEBS Youth Travel Fund
A small number of FEBS Youth Travel Fund (YTF) are available for PhD students and Post Doc from FEBS area. These will cover the registration fee.
The deadline for YTF application is June 1, 2019.
Please note that this deadline precedes that for the general participants to the Course that has been fixed to July 10, 2019.
More information can be found here.
Child care grant
EMBO Courses and Workshops offers grants to offset additional child care costs incurred by participants or speakers when participating at any EMBO Courses and Workshop funded meeting. Eligible costs include fees for a caregiver or child-care facility, travel costs for a caregiver, or travel costs for taking the child to the meeting etc. Please indicate on the registration form whether you would like to be considered for the grant. Please also describe how you intend to use the child care grant and specify the sum that you will need.