- Participation in all course sessions
- Course materials
- Accommodation (shared room)
- Lunches, coffee breaks and social events
- Welcome dinner
Selected participants will received an email with a link to make the payment no later than 09 March 2018.
The course is limited to 18 participants, which will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Participants should have experience in experimental RNA biology.
- The course content should be relevant to their research, ie. participants should be likely to use e.g. iCLIP or a related technologies (Hits-CLIP, PAR-CLIP, ribosome profiling) as part of their project in the near future.
- We will prioritise applications from junior researchers at the PhD and early postdoc stage.
Only complete applications will be considered. Applications will be evaluated and selected by the organisers based on suitability for the course. Selected participants will be contacted by e-mail by 9 March, 2018. If positions remain open future rounds of selection will be performed, therefore you might be notified later.
For participants that already started with their own iCLIP experiments at home, it will be possible to bring their own samples under certain conditions. If you are interested in this option, please contact email@example.com for more details.
Applicants are required to provide the following information:
- a statement of motivation (max. 2000 characters including spaces)
- include your relevant skills, experience and qualifications which show that you would be suitable for the practical course.
- explain why you would like to attend, including what you can contribute and how you think you will benefit from the practical course.
- an abstract of your current research (max. 1500 characters including spaces),
- and a concise CV
The course includes several poster sessions in which participants will explain their research projects. Each participant will be provided with a A0 poster board on which to display the poster.
The poster board surface area is aprox. 90 cm wide and 120 cm high. This is a portrait/vertical format. Materials should be printed on thin poster paper or cardboard, anything heavier will not stay in position. You will be provided with velcro tabs and pins for use in adhering your poster to the board. All participants will present their poster.
A limited number of travel grants are available for participants. Applicants do not need to apply separately for travel grants for this event but should indicate on the registration form if they wish to be considered for a travel grant. Selection of awardees is handled directly by the organizer who will notify all eligible participants. More information is available at EMBO Travel Grants' page.
Participants will be provided accommodation in double shared rooms with other participants in the course (the organizers will prepare the rooming list based on gender).