- Accommodation for the duration of the meeting (from 11 – 22 September). An extra night can be provided at extra cost if travel arrangements require it.
Evening meals are not included in the registration, except for two evening party dinners.
Participants will be expected to pay by credit card. French participants may use purchase orders.
Applicants should provide a letter of motivation and a CV (see below for items) through the application portal. Additionally, up to two letters of recommendation may be provided, either as part of the application file on the application portal, or directly by email by the sponsor at email@example.com. The subsequent selection, performed by a selection committee, will emphasize the following criteria:
- Track record of the participant and their lab
- Ongoing research projects focusing on quantitative biology, or future direction of research for individuals planning to implement experiments or initiate collaborations on physical approaches to cell and developmental biology, so as to select individuals who will best benefit from the school
Importantly, applicants will NOT be selected based on previous training in physics or maths, as the objective of the workshop is to provide tools for biologists to interact with physicists.
CV content (less than 1 page), should provide information on:
- Prior education
- Research experience
- Courses and meetings attended
- Publications (up to 5)
Your abstract should expose your previous and current research interest, in particular:
- The objective of your work
- The techniques that you are using, if pertinent
- Your current results
The selection committee will examine the abstract in light of the information provided in the motivation letter. The motivation letter should emphasize current exposure to interdisciplinary approaches and how you think your current or prospective work may benefit from the workshop.
Poster dimensions are 135 cm x 90 cm.
A limited number of travel grants are available for participants. Applicants do not need to apply separately for travel grants for this event but should indicate on the registration form if they wish to be considered for a travel grant. Selection of awardees is handled directly by the organizer who will notify all eligible participants. More information is available at EMBO Travel Grants' page.
A limited number of fellowships to cover for attendance and/or travel will be distributed. The participants should indicate in their motivation letter whether they request financial support and should indicate the reason.
Participants will share rooms (two beds).