The organizers have pre-selected the following hotels for the participants of MBoA6:
**** Hotel Boltzmann, Boltzmanngasse 8, 1090 Vienna, Austria
*** Hotel-Pension Bleckmann, Währinger Str. 15, 1090 Vienna, Austria
**** Hotel Mercure Josefshof Wien Am Rathaus, Josefsgasse 4-6, 1080 Vienna, Austria
**** Hotel Regina, Rooseveltplatz 15, 1090 Vienna, Austria
*** Hotel ibis Styles Wien City, Döblinger Hauptstraße 2, 1190 Vienna, Austria
PORZELLANEUM, Porzellangasse 30, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Accommodation should be booked by the participants directly by using the booking code “MBoA6” in any of these hotels. If assistance is needed, contact us.
Payment for accommodation is to be made onsite at the hotel receptions. Credit card details will be transferred to the hotels to guarantee your reservations.
Cancellation policies are up to each hotel - usually cancellation free of charge is possible 14 days prior to arrival!
From Vienna International Airport:
Vienna International Airport is about 20 km from the city centre of Vienna, which can easily be reached by Airport Bus Shuttle, CAT (City Airport Train), train (S-Bahn) or taxi.
Airport Bus Shuttle
There are regular buses from the airport to
- Wien Morzinplatz/Schwedenplatz (with connection to undergrounds U1 and U4)
- Wien Dörfelstrasse/Meidling (with connection to underground U6)
- Wien Westbahnhof (with connection to undergrounds U3 and U6)
The bus station is directly in front of the airport arrival hall. Buses leave every 20 to 30 minutes. It takes around 30 minutes to get to Vienna. Tickets (6 Euro) can be bought on the bus or from the ticket machine.
Directions from bus station Schwedenplatz to MBoA6 venue: At Schwedenplatz change to underground U4, direction Heiligenstadt. At stop Friedensbrücke change to tram 33, direction Josefstädter Straße. Get off at stop Lazarettgasse or Lange Gasse.
City Airport Train (CAT)
The CAT takes you to the City Air Terminal (Wien-Mitte/Landstrasse, undergrounds U3 and U4) in 16 minutes. CATs leave the airport every half hour from 6:05 am to 11:35 pm and the City Air Terminal from 5:38 am to 11:08 pm. Several airlines offer check-in services at the City Air Terminal.
Directions from CAT Terminal to MBoA6 venue: At Wien Mitte/Landstrasse change to underground U4, direction Heiligenstadt. At stop Friedensbrücke change to tram 33, direction Josefstädter Straße. Get off at stop Lazarettgasse or Lange Gasse.
To get to the airport train, follow the sign “S-Bahn” in the airport arrival hall. Take line S7, travel time: around 25 minutes. You can buy the ticket (for two zones!) at the ticket machine in the train station (3.60 Euro incl. public transport in Vienna). The train takes you to Wien Mitte/Landstrasse (undergrounds U3, U4). See directions above.
The taxi stand at the airport is in front of the arrival hall. It takes about half an hour to get to the city centre (approx. 35 - 40 Euro).
To go from the city to the airport, either ask your hotel to book an airport taxi or call one of the following taxi companies (all of them offer special fares to the airport): 31300, 40100, 60160, 81400 or 1716.
Airport Taxi: Airportdriver
Mo. - Su. from 0 - 24h
Phone: +43 1 22 8 22
Fax: +43 1 22 8 22 8
From the railway stations:
- Take underground U6, direction Floridsdorf. At stop Alserstrasse change to tram 43, direction Schottentor. Get off at stop Lange Gasse (~ 14 min).
- Or take tram 5, direction Praterstern, get off at stop Lange Gasse (~ 15 min).
Wien Bahnhof Meidling
- Take underground U6, direction Floridsdorf. At stop Alserstrasse change to tram 43, direction Schottentor. Get off at stop Lange Gasse (~ 20 min).
- Take underground U1, direction Leopoldau. At stop Karlsplatz change to U2, direction Aspernstraße or Seestadt.
- Get off at stop Rathaus and walk 13 min ( ~ 26 min)
- Get off at stop Schottentor and change to tram 43, direction Neuwaldegg. Get off at stop Lange Gasse (~ 18 min.
About the Area
For getting around in the city, we encourage participants to use the following options:
- Public Transport: the converence venue is reachable by the tram lines 5, 33, 43 (Lazarettgasse or Lange Gasse), or the metro lines U2 (station Schottentor & 10min walk) and U6 (station Alser Strasse & 10min walk). See the conference website for a map and additional details.
- Bicycle: City Bikes are available for hire at 120 stations around the city, and can be used with a credit card. More information can be found here: https://www.citybikewien.at/en/.
Bicycle parking is available at the conference venue.
- Walking: Vienna is a great city to explore by foot, and all suggested hotels are within a 15min walking distance from the conference venue and max 20min from the city centre.
- For smartphone users: a useful app is Qando Wien, available both for Android and iPhone
Feel free to contact the organization team for assistance.
International Scientific Board